Your Front Door Lock is powered by AA batteries and will need occasional replacement.
Yale Front Door Lock
If your front Door Lock is made by Yale, perform the following actions:
- On the interior of the lock, unscrew the battery cover using a small Philips screwdriver, making sure to unscrew in a counterclockwise motion. DO NOT USE POWERED SCREWDRIVERS.
NOTE: The screw is attached to the battery cover and will note come loose, even when unscrewed.
- Remove the battery cover by lifting it up and away from the lock assembly.
- Remove the 4 AA batteries.
- Replace the 4 AA batteries. Always replace all 4 AA batteries at the same time.
DO NOT MIX OLD AND NEW BATTERIES. Only use new, AA alkaline batteries.
DO NOT USE RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES.
- Replace the battery cover, using a small Philips screwdriver, making sure to screw in a clockwise motion. DO NOT USE POWERED SCREWDRIVERS.